Questions We’re Most Frequently Asked

  1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. FAQs
  4. Questions We’re Most Frequently Asked

Forming your own company is a big deal and you’re bound to have questions.  Here we’ve included some of the questions we’re most frequently asked.

If you have a question that’s not answered below we’ll be happy to help. Call our team on 020 7129 8651.

Why register online with us?

  • Faster, more accurate results with everything done on your behalf.
  • Significant savings – a postal application costs around two thirds more.
  • Secure passing of information.
  • A free Barclays Business Current Account with £50 cash back from us.

How long is the formation likely to take?

If your incorporation complies with the Companies House company registration regulations your formation could be completed within three working hours, however, this depends on how quickly Companies House are able to process applications.  A formation should take no longer than 48 working hours maximum to process.

Can I check the progress of my formation?

  • Once you’ve started the formation process with us we’ll give you secure access to our site so that you can check the status of your company formation.
  • We will email you when we receive an update from Companies House. This will whether your company has been successfully formed or that the company has been rejected.
  • To log in please click on the ‘Login’ tab at the top of homepage and enter your email address and password.
  • Once your formation has been accepted by Companies House your company status will be highlighted in green and you will be able to download electronic copies of your legal documents by clicking the ‘electronic documents’ link.
  • If your company is rejected we are on hand to tell you what changes need to be made in order to receive a successful formation next time you submit.

What should I do if I have forgotten my password?

If you’ve forgotten your password click on the ‘I forgot my password’ link on the login page and we’ll send you an email where you can reset it.

How can I contact The Formations Company?

You can contact us by email at or by phone from 9 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday on 020 7129 8651.

Follow us on Twitter @TheFormationsCo.

Like us on Facebook

Where will I find my electronic documents?

Once your formation has been accepted by Companies House we’ll change your company status on our system. This means you’ll be able to select, view and download electronic copies of your legal documents.

Where are my printed documents?

If you selected one of our packages that include printed documents we aim to have these with you within three to five working days.

If you have not received your documentation within this time please contact our support team at

Is there anything I need to do after incorporation?

  • Once we’ve registered you as a limited company you’ll need to contact HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to let them know that your company is active and has started its first accounting period.
  • An accountant should be able to support you with this, as well as advising you on other organisations that your business needs to register with.

What about my bank account and the £50 cash back?

  • Our deal with Barclays means you can benefit from a dedicated service and an automated application process for your business bank account. Plus, we’ll put £50 cash back into your new Barclays Business Current Account when you open it within 90 days of us incorporating your company.
  • Once your incorporation is complete we’ll automatically send your company registration details to Barclays.  They will then contact you, within one working day, to arrange a meeting to open your Barclays Business Current Account.
  • Be sure to contact us as soon as you receive your account number and sort code and we’ll deposit £50 into your new account.

Can I change my company name?

Yes. You can request a company name change by completing an NM01 form (notice of change of name by resolution) through the Companies House website

How can I change my company registered address?

You can change your company registered address using an ADO1 form on the Companies House website

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles